This post is my LifePoints review – I have been taking LifePoints surveys and earned money – been paid!
LifePoints is an online survey panel created by Lightspeed Research. It’s a community of over 5,000,000 members from all over the world. Members earn cash and gift cards by sharing their views and opinions, and their participation in research influence future brand products and services.
- Is LifePoints Free & Legit or Scam?
- How Does LifePoints Work?
- Who Can Join LifePoints and how?
- LifePoints – Survey Rewards & Payments
- LifePoints Review
- LifePoints Surveys Review Update
- LifePoints Surveys – Pros & Cons
- Final Thoughts
Is LifePoints Free & Legit or Scam?
LifePoints membership is 100% free. It is always free to join, earn points and get paid! There is no fees or of costs of any kinds.
LifePoints definitely is a legitimate survey panel. It is operated by Lightspeed Research who is the leading global market research company. Personally I have been paid (payment proof will be shown in the later section of this review.)
If you were a member of MySurvey and/or GlobalTestMarket, you account (s) and points should have been merged and transferred into your new LifePoints account.
How Does LifePoints Work?
LifePoints is a global online community that members are rewarded by sharing their thoughts and views on new products and services. It works as follow easy steps:
- Join LifePoints and become a member of the community.
- Contribute by answering online surveys. In return you earn points (LifePoints) for each surveys you completed.
- Collect LifePoints and turn into various cash, gift cards and other rewards.
Who Can Join LifePoints and how?
- To join LifePoints, you must be at least 14 years of age.
- LifePoints opens to following countries: Argentina, Australia, Austria, Belgium, Brazil, Canada, China, Colombia, France, Germany, Hong Kong, Italy, Japan, Mexico, Netherlands, Singapore, Switzerland, Thailand, United Kingdom & United States. (if you don’t live in one of those countries, you can still give it a try.)
- You may have only one active account at any time. Only one account per mailing address is allowed. Multiple accounts for any person or mailing address are subject to termination and forfeiture of all Points, incentives and rewards.
- Join LifePoints Here! – fill out the registration form with your information and confirm your membership.
LifePoints – Survey Rewards & Payments
Members earn points (LifePoints) by completing online surveys, participating mini polls, product testings, focus group studies, and possible other community activities in the future.
Members can redeem LifePoints (LP) for various great rewards from the reward catalog, such as cash and gift cards (amazon & other popular store and online gift cards) in the amounts of $5, $10, $20, $25, $50 etc.
- Cash via Paypal – Minimum Points Required: 600 points= $5,
- eGift Cards (Amazon & Others) – Minimum Points Required: 550 points = $5 Amazon GC
- Gift Cards – $10 TGI Fridays Gift Cards (1150LP), $25 Macys/Bath&BodyWorks (2850LP), $50 Macys/Kohls (5600 LP)
- Charities – minimum cash out: 165 LifePoints for $1.5 donation to UNICEF
Basically the minimum cash out is only $1.5 (165 Lifepoints) if you choose to donate your points to charity, otherwise, once you have collected 550 LifePoints, you can turn your points into $5 amazon gift cards – that is what I did as soon as I was able to cash out.
Note: if you want to redeem $5 cash via Paypal, you must have 600 LP.
LifePoints Surveys – Frequency, Topic, Points etc.
LifePoints really has tons of surveys. I average receive 3-4 survey invite emails daily, but if you log into your account, there are far more surveys on your account dashboard! For each survey, it shows the survey number, lifepoints and time needed to complete.
Generally you can earn 50 – 100 lifepoints for a 5-20 minutes survey. Honestly I think the reward points isn’t that generous, it’s just okay. That’s why I usually take 15 minutes or less surveys since I feel that 100 points for 20 minutes doesn’t worth my time. On the other hand, they do give you 2 lifepoints for each survey you attempt but disqualify, you can earn up to 10 lifepoints this way daily. You get lifepoints credited to your account immediately after complete a survey.
LifePoints surveys cover wide aspects of people’s daily life. I have found that many of their surveys are enjoyable, and easy to do. They have lots of surveys for kids and teenagers too – I have received those survey invites. They also have “journal surveys” – those are the similar ones I had done for MySurvey, such as recording your kid’s daily drinking activities for a week. Another example recording your business expenses. I am pretty sure LifePoints has online focus groups and product testing surveys since I had done many of those for GlobalTestMarket.
LifePoints surveys are mobile friendly – you can log into your account and take surveys using a mobile device – I sometimes use my Samsung tablet to take surveys. They also have mobile survey app you can download if you prefer that way to take surveys.
UPDATE May 31 2020: Today I took sometime taking surveys at LifePoint and earned 105 points, one points for a quick poll, 100 points for completing a surveys (about 15 minutes), and 4 points for attempting two surveys but disqualified. Now I am 103 points away to redeem a $5 amazon gift card.
LifePoints – Survey Rewards & Payments
I had been a member of MySurvey and GlobalTestMarket for years. When the two panels merged into LifePoints, they transferred my GlobalTestMarket points (I had no points in MySurvey) into LifePoints without any problems!
So I immediately had enough points to cash out at LifePoints once my account was established. I redeemed 550 points for $5 amazon gift cards and received the amazon gift card in 4 days! Their order confirmation emails did says “E-certificates will be sent to the email address that you specified in your order within 5 – 10 business days.”
So the payment process was very smooth and big improvement in my opinion, since the cash out threshold lowered to only $5 compare to GTM’s $50 before. Next time I will redeem my lifePoints for cash through Paypal and update this review.
LifePoints – Member Support
I think LifePoints’s member support is pretty good! I have contacted their support using their “chat” option. It’s very convenient. They emailed me the chat scripts and I can simply respond to the emails to continue the conversation.
I have heard some people are having login problems. I remember I had this problem at MySurvey and GlobalTestMarket which happened to many other members as well. Not sure what was going on, but I think it might had some thing to do with their system upgrades/updates, because the problems was eventually resolved.
LifePoints Surveys Review Update
LifePoints Review Update – Cash via Paypal Payment
Today (8/3/2020) I checked my LifePoints account – currently I have 663 points. Since last time I redeemed amazon gift card, this time I cashed out $5 via Paypal, which equals 600 LifePoints. (Note: for $5 amazon gift card, you only need 550 LifePoints).
When redeem for Paypal, I had to “create”/enter my shipping address and phone number. I received an “order” confirmation email which says “Funds will be deposited into your PayPal account within 5 – 10 business days”. I received the Paypal payment on 8/12/2020. Following is the payment proof (screenshot) of my LifePoints cash payment via Paypal.
LifePoints Review update – August 2022
- LifePoints is having more online surveys posted on my dashboard lately.
- New mobile survey apps for android and iOS – you can take surveys with LifePoints survey app now.
- Surveys are categorized as: All Surveys, Top Surveys and Ongoing surveys. Ongoing surveys including special profile surveys and Personal Routine Diary surveys.
LifePoints Surveys – Pros & Cons
Here is a quick recap of the Pros and Cons of LifePoints based on my observations so far:
- large number of surveys
- survey rewards have cash via Payal, amazon & other gift cards
- has surveys for kids and teens
- has good paying surveys including focus groups and product tests
- fast survey crediting & payment
- earn points with disqualified survey attempts
- good member support system, such as chat support
- survey apps & mobile friendly – can take surveys on mobile devices
- survey rewards (LifePoints) could use some improvement
Operated by the major leading market research company Lightspeed Research LLC, LifePoints is one of the best online paid survey panels out there today. I highly recommend you Join the LifePoints Surveys community (get 10 bonus points for sign up!) and start earning cash and rewards just by expressing your opinion!
Thank you for reading my LifePoints review! Are you a member LifePoints Survey Panel? I understand that your experience maybe similar to or different from mine – Please don’t hesitate to share your review, good or bad. Also please feel free to leave comments, tips and ask questions!