MySurvey is one of best online paid survey panels. It was acquired by Lightpseed Research, one of the leading online market research companies in early 2010. On January 2011, Lightpspeed consumer survey panel and MySurvey merged into one survey panel under the name of MySurvey Panel.
- 1 History of MySurvey.com
- 2 Is MySurvey.com Legitimate survey panel or Scam?
- 3 Who can join MySurvey panel & How to sign up?
- 4 MySurvey Rewards/Payments:
- 5 My Review of MySurvey.com Panel
- 6 Some Notes & Tips
- 7 How do I Get Started with MySurvey Panel?
- 8 MySurvey Panel News & Updates
- 9 Final Thoughts
History of MySurvey.com
MySurvey.com has been collecting the opinions of U.S. consumers since 1946 as National Family Opinion (MySurvey used to be called NFO MySurvey), and was part of
. TNS is ranked as the word’s largest provider of custom research and analysis, operating globally across 70 countries. The current MySurvey.com website was created in 2001 to enable consumers to express their opinions online, and in 2010 mysurvey.com became part of Lightspeed Research.
Is MySurvey.com Legitimate survey panel or Scam?
YES – MySurvey.com is a legitimate online survey panel. It is run by Lightspeed Research, one of the leading market research companies. Personally I have been a member since 2005 and been paid many times without any problems. You can check out my payment proof within my review section below.
Who can join MySurvey panel & How to sign up?
Minimum Age Required to Join: 16 years old
Open to Countries: United States, Canada, United Kingdom, Australia, Ireland
To sign up, please use following sign up links to join the MySurvey panel of your country:
Join MySurvey – USA Panel Join MySurvey – Canada Panel
Join MySurvey – UK Panel Join MySurvey – Australia Survey Panel
Join MySurvey – Ireland Panel
MySurvey survey panel rewards panel members points for taking online paid surveys. Points are redeemable for following:
- Cash – this can be paid by check or Paypal. Minimum cash out 1100 points ($10) via Paypal, 1150 points ($10) via check.
- Amazon/iTunes gift certificates – minimum 1100 required for $10 amazon/itunes gift card;
- Misc Gift cards for popular stores, restaurants and entertainments etc – such as redbox, starbucks, oldnavy, cvs, sears and more;
- MLB e-certificate and raffle tickets (raffle tickets will be discontinued on December 1st ,2014);
- Various merchandise/prizes in categories like DVDs, games, outdoors, personal care, sporting and travel;
- Sweepstakes entries – earn sweepstakes entries for taking surveys and mini-polls.
- Charity donations.
My Review of MySurvey.com Panel
MySurvey.com is one of early survey sites I joined and it’s has remained as a quality survey panel over the years.
Survey Frequency and Quality
Operated by one of the major market research companies (Lightspeed), MySurvey.com offers members a great number of online surveys opportunities. Typically I receive 1-2 surveys invites daily, and surveys offers from 50 points to 300 points (and sometime 10 points for short 5 minutes surveys).
Their surveys cover a wide range of topics for consumers about products, services, current social developments, news and TV programs and advertisements. They also have many high paying survey/focus group and product testing opportunities.
They seem to have lot of surveys and product testings for babies and new moms. 🙂 After Lightspeed bought MySurvey, they have movie trailers and new advertising surveys which are easy to qualify and quite interesting.
MySurvey/Lightspeed hosts their surveys themselves (within their own platform/system which works well) and I have never experienced any technical problems while taking their surveys.
Survey Crediting and Payment (with Payment Proof)
Survey compensation is not the highest compare to other survey panels but fair in my opinion. They credit your account immediately after you complete a survey which mean you don’t have to wait to get credits.
They pay members pretty fast, usually within a month of cash-out. If you redeem Amazon gift certificate, you will receive the payment almost instantly. They send your amazon e-certificate to your email address pretty much a few minutes after you redeem. Below is an Amazon gift certificate/code (image) MySurvey paid me a little while ago (click the image to enlarge).
MySurvey offers good and responsive member support – I have contacted them several times regarding survey credits and login problems, they always replied and helped me resolved the issues quickly. (MySurvey’s support is much better than Lightspeed Research in my opinion.)
They have a good member account “central” interface where members can check their available surveys (members can take their surveys from there), survey history and points, and redeem for rewards. The member “central” is clear and user friendly.
Pros & Cons
Here is a recap of pros & cons of MySurvey panel:
1. Frequent survey invites;
2. Offer product testing, high paying surveys projects and focus group opportunities
3. Survey crediting very fast (immediately after completing surveys)
4. Fast payment if redeem amazon gift cards
5. Low cash out threshold
6. Cash rewards (via check and Paypal) and amazon
1. Survey rewards are average or relatively low for “regular” surveys
Some Notes & Tips
As a current active MySurvey member, here are some tips and notes I think might be helpful:
1. I suggest you log into mysurvey website – there are available surveys listed and you can select the surveys you would like to take. To help tracking your survey taking records, always write down the survey number before you start taking surveys – this is because once you start a survey, the survey information disappear from your account dashboard. If there is a problem with the survey and you need to contact their support, you need to provide them with the survey numbers.
2. You can also check your email invitations. Currently within MySurvey’s survey invite emails, there are: survey number, survey length and points (if complete), and link to MySurvey.com, but not directly to the surveys, so you must log into mysurvey and find the match surveys and take the surveys from there.
3. while taking surveys, don’t use forward and backward button of your browser, and many of the surveys require you finish in one session meaning once you start the surveys, you can’t pause and come back later.
4. Make sure log into your MySurvey account at least once every three month – because one of their “terms” is they can terminate your membership if you have not accessed the website for a period of three months or more.
How do I Get Started with MySurvey Panel?
To get started with MySurvey panel, first click the following sign up links to join the panels in various countries.
After signing up and confirming your membership, log into your account and fill out the profile surveys to increase more targeted survey invites.
Then you are ready to take surveys and make some extra cash! You can check your email for survey invitations for log into your account for available surveys. Make sure to record your survey taking activities, especially write down the survey number first if you take surveys within your account dashboard.
MySurvey Panel News & Updates
In this session I will post any news and updates of mysurvey panel.
MySurvey panel upgraded their “help center” around the end of last year, and some members have found themselves no longer be able to log into their MySurvey account. I think the problem was caused by their system glitch that “locked” some members out of the system. If you are a member of MySurvey and have the similar problem, I suggest you contact MySurvey support and be patient, and I think the issue will be resolved.
MySurvey.com is one of the oldest and most reliable survey panels out there. They are a decent survey site and I think it should be part of your survey panel collection. I do recommend you join MySurvey.com panel.