MyView is an online market research paid survey panel, created by Critical Mix. Since 1996, the market research community has relied on Critical Mix for responsible and dependable solutions for their research needs. Members of MyView.com community are rewarded by expressing their open, honest, and valid opinions on a wide range of topics.
- 1 Is MyView Survey Panel Legit or Scam?
- 2 MyView Rewards
- 3 Who Can Join MyView?
- 4 My Review of MyView
- 5 How do I get started?
- 6 Other Notes & Tips
- 7 Current MyView Sweepstakes – (Update August, 2014)
Is MyView Survey Panel Legit or Scam?
I want to make it clear first that MyView is a legitimate survey panel. I have been a panel members since 2006 and have always been paid by them.
Members earn MyView Points (MVP) for taking every survey. MyView Points can be redeemed for following rewards:
- Cash (Via Visa/American Express Prepaid Card) – Minimum points required 142100 points ($100)
- Amazon Gift Cards – Minimum points required for Amazon gift card is 21000 points ($15)
- Various Gift Cards from retailers and restaurants, such as HomeDepot, BestBuy, Target, CVS, Macy, BabyRUs, OldNavy, Applebee’s, Starbucks etc. Minimum points required to redeem is 13720 Points ($10).
- Various prizes and Merchandize, such as iPad mini, iPaid Air etc.
- Sweepstakes entries – you can spend your points on their current sweepstakes.
Who Can Join MyView?
- Countries & Regions: United States & Australia
- Minimum Age Requirement: 13 years and older to join
My Review of MyView
MyView is a very good survey panel. They offer panel members many good surveys opportunities and provide reasonable good rewards and panel support.
Survey Frequency – how often/many surveys do they send to members?
MyView has TONS of surveys – they send me 2-3 survey invite emails every day. You can also take surveys from your member account. Once you log into your account, you will be at “My Surveys” page. Most of the time there are surveys available for you to take right away, or sometimes there are a couple of “pre-screening” questions that help MyView to match you to survey most appropriate for you.
- I used to do lot of magazines cover surveys for them which usually pay $2.00 – $3.00, that was before they switched to the points reward system.
- Now I have received surveys on a variety of topics. Generally speaking their surveys are easy to do, usually take about 10-15 minutes to complete. I also have done high paying focus groups and product testings for them.
- MyView is also a GREAT survey panel for teens – since they offer so many surveys opportunities, it’s a great site for teenagers to make some extra money taking surveys online.
Survey Crediting and Rewards
- MyView surveys worth from 400 points to 70,000 points (about $0.60 – $10). I have done many 400 – 1000 points surveys – those surveys usually are very short and easy to complete.
- You earn points for every single survey you qualify and complete.
- If you disqualify for a survey, you will be rewarded 100 points for your time and effort, which is really nice.
- Once you qualify and complete a survey, points are credited/added to your account immediately.
Panel and Member Support
Personally I have contacted panel support about my account login problems, I received response and issue resolved within 3 days. So I would say their member support is pretty good.
How do I get started?
Getting started taking surveys for money with MyView Survey Panel is pretty easy and straightforward.
First – Sign Up with the Panel.
Click following sign up links to join MyView panel, fill out the sign up form and make sure you confirm your membership.
- Sign Up with MyView – USA Panel, must be at least 13 years old
- Sign up with MyView – Australia Panel, must be 13 and older
Second – Fill Out Profile Surveys.
Once you are a member of MyView, log into your account and you are in the “MySurveys” page.
As you can see, there are various short profiles you can complete and earn 350 points for each. Currently there are 11 such profiles and that’s total 3850 points you can earn right away!
Third – start taking surveys and earn points.
After complete all the profile surveys, click the “MY SURVEYS” link which take you to your “survey center” page that looks like this (this is also the page you will see once you log into your account).
MyView also sends survey invites to your email inbox. I usually check/log into my account at least three times a week since I like their surveys (especially the short and easy ones) and every time I try I will earn at least 100 points. Another reason is I also get sweepstakes entries for just logging into my account.
Finally, cash out for rewards.
Once you earn enough points, you can cash out for various rewards. click the “MY REWARDS” link at the top to redeem your rewards.
Other Notes & Tips
- Make sure to log-in to your account AT LEAST once every 90 days or your account will be marked inactive, and your points will expire.
- Sometimes your desired rewards might not be available (such as the popular amazon gift cards) – you can email support, or login and check every day cause they might “restock” various rewards.
- I am not 100% sure, but I heard that MyView may have implemented and installed some kind of quality control software to monitor and prevent fraud. So please make sure to take your time when you do their surveys, don’t rush through surveys, and give your honest and thoughtful opinion.
Here is the warning MyView posted on their website:
There are no right or wrong answers but any attempt to speed through surveys, take a survey more than once or provide false or misleading information will result in you not being rewarded points for the survey. It may also lead to your account being closed and all incentives forfeited.
- Sometimes MyView has daily login sweepstakes – you will earn one entry every day you log into your account.
- If you already are a member of MyView Panel, but have trouble logging into your account. Please do NOT register again. Instead pleasecontact MyView Support (the HELP link at the top of their website), they will help you recovering your account information. This is what I did – I contacted MyView support after failed logins and within 3 days, MyView support helped me re-activated my account.
Current MyView Sweepstakes – (Update August, 2014)
MyView currently is having following sweepstakes:
- $50,000 Login Sweepstakes Q3 2014
You automatically will receive one (1) entry into the Sweepstakes for each day you login during the Promotion Period. PRIZEs are: One (1) Grand Prize: 400,000 MVPs;
- Sweepstakes 8/25/2014
You may redeem 50 MVPs(Points) to receive one entry into the Sweepstakes 8/25/2014. PRIZE: One (1) Grand Prize: 50000 MyView points
- Endless Summer Sweepstakes
You may redeem 100 MVPs(Points) to receive one entry into the Sweepstakes. Win first prize of 400,000 MVPs, Second prize of 100,000 MVPs or third prize of 70,000 MVPs
MyView publishes sweepstakes winners on their website.