If you are new to paid surveys, you might wonder how do I get started making money by taking online surveys? This article is a guide for paid survey beginners and please follow my step by step instructions below to get on a quick and good start.
1. Remember do NOT pay anyone to do paid online surveys whatsoever. It is always FREE to do paid surveys and get paid. Legitimate paid survey and market research companies do NOT charge you – they pay YOU for YOUR opinion.
2. Set up a dedicated email account. You will get lot of emails and you need a separated email address for survey invitation emails. Note: you’ll need to turn OFF your spam filter or set the spam filter option to “do not delete emails in spam folder immediately” — otherwise you might miss survey emails.
3. You might want to open a free Paypal account . Many of survey sites offer cash payment via Paypal. It’s free to send money, and free to accept payment if you have a basic account (a low transaction fee apply for Premier and Business Accounts to receive money), and it is usually faster than check payment.
4. Sign up with all the real online survey companies on my paid survey lists, starting with the following top 10 cash paying survey panels:
- Paid Viewpoint
For more legit online survey panels, please select the survey panel lists below based on your location (residence). Please be assured that the survey sites I listed are the best and legitimate paid survey companies I found over the year, they are FREE to join and have strict privacy policies (You will not get spammed) and actually pay!
- United States – Survey Sites List
- Canadian – Survey Sites list
- United Kingdom – Survey Sites list
- Australian – Survey Sites List
- European countries – Survey Sites List
- Asia-Pacific – Survey List
- International – Survey Sites List
I am doing my best to include all the legit survey panels I can find for your country or region. If you know any survey sites in your country that are not on my list, please feel free to contact me or leave a comment. Thanks!
Some Notes & Tips on Signing up with Survey Panels:
- Make sure to confirm your survey panel membership. This usually involves clicking the link in the confirmation email from the survey panel after signing up. This is a important step for sign up.
- Some survey panels do require you complete a brief profile survey (such as Pinecone) before they accept you. Most other survey panels have profile surveys that you should fill out to improve your chance of receiving more survey invitations.
- I suggest you take time to sign up with ALL the legitimate survey sites on my lists (or as many as you feel comfortable). The reason is very simple – the more survey sites you sign up with, the more surveys you get.
5. Tips on avoiding scams:
#b. Be aware the difference between paid surveys sites and get paid sign up offer sites. The later sometimes say they are survey sites, in fact their “main business” is paid offers. They are the sites you get paid for signing up offers, and sometimes you need to pay or provide credit card information while sign up non free offers.
#c. Stay away from any websites (paid or free) promoting known scam or spam – usually those sites claim they have a list of 300+, 400+ or even 500+ paid survey sites, (the reality is there are NOT 300 survey sites that pay!) They are just promoting anything they can find for commissions, no matter its scam or spam and can’t be trusted.
6. Tips on doing surveys:
#a. Be honest with your personal profile information when sign up with survey companies;
#b. Response survey invitations quickly. Most surveys have quota and some fill fast, especially high paying/easy to qualify surveys.
7. Tips on getting paid:
Make sure keep the invitation emails for the surveys that you qualify and completed, especially those online interactive surveys/focus group. You want to have proof for your participation when there is a problem.
8. Be patient.
This is very important for survey beginners. It takes a while to get paid since most survey sites have minimum payout requirement and it takes time for them to process payment. Also it takes a while to receive more surveys. For me, I didn’t receive any cash or other rewards during the first month, I had some points or others but not enough to cash out, and the money didn’t start coming in until the end of second month. It is also after two months, I started to receive and qualify for more surveys, including those “high paying” surveys such as interactive online surveys and focus groups.
9. Subscribe my newsletter/following me on social networks and come back visit frequently.
Because I update this site almost every day – add new paid survey sites, post paid survey/focus groups opportunities, new articles (advice and tips), and other new fresh information. I also send newsletters to my newsletter subscribers about new survey site information before publish it on my site if the information is time sensitive
Doing paid surveys does not make me rich, but I enjoy it. With the survey money I made, last year I bought a brand new laptop computer for myself! I also bought toys, DVDs, books, gifts and other stuff for my kids, husband and family. Paid survey certainly is an easy and fun way to make extra spending cash, and it worth my time!